Wednesday, July 15, 2009

4th of July

Wow am I slow!! I love the 4th of July, its one of my favorite times of year. Family get togethers, fireworks, parades, cookouts. What's better than celebrating our country's birthday with family and friends, to make us remember all we have to be thankful for. What an amazing country we live in, with all the freedoms we enjoy. This past year a friend of ours was killed in Irac, fighting for the freedom I take for granted. I've always known freedom isn't free, but he and his little family made me realize what a huge price some have paid. Thanks to the many servicemen who fight to keep each of us safe, and give us freedom to live and believe as we choose. Thanks to the Alleman family! Thanks to Brett Stott! Thanks to my Dad and Grandpa Yeates and all those who have fought in defense of this country!! You are our Hero's!!!

No comments: