I've sat down and tried to write a few times, it's sometimes hard to express in words, the feelings and experiences life gives us. I haven't had words to describe what I wanted to say. The things we have experienced with Melissa's surgery and complications of that have been life changing for us. We are grateful that she is on the mend and able to be back in the riggors of life again.
Some times we don't think about what a blessing we have every day to be in good health. It's something thats easy for me to take for granted, I hope to think about it every single day. Another blessing we recognized is the service that was rendered from so many people. Everyone was so good to all of us through this time. There were so many acts of love and service all around us. Sometimes the world focuses on the inhumanity of mankind, but you don't have to look far to find that the goodness far outweighs the bad.
I learned many things though this experience, to many to list and besides I can't put much of it into words. I do know that supportive family is huge, I watched both the Larsen and the Yeates side of the family pull together to support, and that was wonderful to me! It didn't make a difference how close or far away, everyone showed love and support. It was incredible!
I've always loved Tony Yeates but I found an even greater respect for him as I watched him love Melissa and rely on the Lord.
Steve had the flu through the whole thing and couldn't even visit Melissa, he waited patiently for updates, praying continually for her healing. Through fasting and many many prayers we were blessed with a miracle. I'm so thankful for a knowledge that God's hand is in our lives. I saw his hand many times.
3 comments:
Thanks Mom. Hard things definately prove the Lord and his blessings. We couldn't have made it through without you!
Good post! It's sad that we have to experience things like that to make us humble and remember to be grateful for the little things.
This is a remarkable story of faith and love and hope. I'm so glad that this story has a happy ending. Love you guys!
Post a Comment