Thursday, February 17, 2011

Happiness is not a state we arrive at, but a manner of traveling. I saw that quote on a calendar and I came back to my office and wrote it down. It's true that we have to find happiness everyday. Theres so much hard stuff out there, we have to be careful not to miss the happiness thats in everyday life. Most of the time it comes in small moments. I ask myself often, do I notice those moments? I think I try to be a positive person but sometimes it's easy to focus on the pain that comes from living in this world. I went with Stephanie and the kids to have an x-ray for Kaden, he always makes me smile. (All of our grandchildren give us happiness) We stopped in to see Tony at work. That was fun! The kids were thrilled to see him and both ran and attacked him. He was cute and said he wanted to give them something that would be totally messy, so they got ding-dongs. Little Kambri did make a mess, more on his chair than on herself, it was a major backfire on his plan.
For Valentines Day we saw everyone, except Tyler, Justin even came home for a couple of hours. It was great to be together, even though it was for a short time. Then Tyler texted me a small note with (<3 <3 )sideways hearts. What a nice day!! Thank heavens for families, they are our greatest source of happiness!!

4 comments:

The Strawn Family said...

I like that quote! You are amazing!

Melissa said...

I love you Mom.

DottieLou said...

and yours in amazing... Sure do love that daughter of yours. keep up the good work

moi said...

It is so important to "not miss the happiness" like you said. Love you!