Its mothers day, and its caused me to do alot of reflecting. Steve and I have talked many times about our family and we are so grateful to have wonderful children. I know Mothers Day is for honoring our mothers and I honor and love my mother and my mother in law. They have been amazing influences in our lives, and taught both of us the truly important things in life.
Right now I want to say thank you to my children who also have taught us the truly important things in life. It is my honor to be their mother. Each one of them has blessed our lives in so many ways. We LO VE them!
When I became a mother I wanted more than anything to be the best mother in the world. I wanted life to turn out perfectly for my children, and I didn't want them to have any painful experiences in life, I wanted to protect them.
What I've learned thru life is that life is not perfect, nor would we want it to be. We get bumped and bruised but we pick ourselves up and go on, and it makes us stronger. Some of my most painful experiences in life are my most treasured experiences. Though I would never want to experience them again and would never wish them on anyone, I would never trade the experiences, for the lessons they have taught me.
At one point I honestly thought I was not up to motherhood, I'd failed my children and my greatest goal in life was to be a good mother, so I thought I had failed myself too. That night as I prayed, the thought came to me. . . If you could help anyone in life who would you choose to be there for? I knew the answer, it was my family, then the thought "Thats what family is about, helping each other through the hard times that come." That has been a blessing in my life, its not about perfection in this life, its about turning to the Lord and seeking his help, and then in turn helping each other.
My children have been there to help me and support Steve and I, all the time. I hope we can return the favor. I feel it a priviledge to be a mother!! Thank heavens the Lord gives us the chance through all of our imperfections, to have that opportunity.
I read an article recently that asked "who taught you the most your parents or your children? Wow, what a thought provoking question. I've contemplated that question alot and I think my parents laid a foundation, and taught me with great faith, and love. My children helped me learn to apply what I knew, I got a glimpse of the love of the Savior. I love motherhood, Its the best and the hardest thing I have ever done. I have grown so much thru the many experiences life has given me.
Thank you to my children who have taught me more of the Savior than I ever could have imagined.
You're the best thing in my life!!!!! I love my family and I'm thankful for every experience I have had with each of them. Thanks guys!
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Love you too mom!
WE LOVE YOU! You were an incredible mom and dad and still are. You are an even better grandma and grandpa :)
Thanks for being who you are! I love the fact that you are genuine, caring, giving, selfless, and approach everything with such a positive outlook. Above all else, you can even take a good joke! Did I forget that the kids adore you?
I love you! You are a wonderful mother, not just for your own kids but crazy girls like me too! You are a fabulous lady and someone I truly look up to.
Post a Comment