Wow does time ever fly by. The summer is almost gone and I hardly had time to blink. We have done alot of logging this summer, we took out all our big trees behind our house. It has opened our views to nice sunsets but also to a busy street behind us. We have been so secluded, but not anymore. The trees were pioneer trees and were so old they had to come out. One almost hit the neighbors house and took out the electricity for half the block. It blew up TV's and furnaces. I'm glad we hired it out and didn't try it ourselves. Jared warned us not to try it because the trees were rotting out. After we finished up with that we had the irrigation ditch re done which has allowed us to irrigate for the first time in about 3 years. It's been nice to get some water so we have a little green around us again. The lawn was all that was green the pastures only recieved moisture when it rained. Sometimes I forget we live in a desert, but believe me we do.
We had plenty of reunions and campouts, every weekend was booked. I'm hopeing to enjoy some weekends working around the house for awhile.
Justin has been with us for the summer as his apartment was taken away for the landlords son, he wasn't sure where he was going and didn't want to sign any agreements for a year. Now he has a new job in Kayesville. And is actually moving today, he starts the 1st of Sept. at his new job. We're excited for him. He's been working nights and thats hard on a body!
Well thats pretty much our life for the summer in a nutshell, Nothing to exciting but we love it!
Thursday, August 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I vote we have fall, skip winter and start spring again, what do you think?!
I'm with Steph. I can't stand how long our winters last. I didn't realize that those giant trees were YOUR removal project! I guess if you ever need firewood you're set for life.
Post a Comment