Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Old Testament

Steve and I read through the Old Testament, I'm so happy to say we've done it, I can't say I've ever made it entirely through it before. It's been quite a feat, We have studied an Institute Manual, and the Old Testament made easier with it. By the way I really like the books (Scriptures made easier-by Ridges) It's taken us two full years to read it all. Anyway we were discussing it the other night and I said it's been kind of hard for me to understand all of the Old Testament. Justin said, "Mom, no one expects you to understand all of it, you were just a little girl when it was written."
I love the humor in my family, alot of times at my expense, but I really do enjoy it. All of my family makes me laugh. Thank heavens for the humor that life has, it sure would be a sad life without it.

4 comments:

The Strawn Family said...

what good's life without a little laughter right?!

DottieLou said...

way to go....

Melissa said...

Could you highlight all the good points for me, because I'm thinking my next two years is booked. :)

Kristin Wilkerson said...

Wow! I'm impressed. You are great for reading it. I like the old testimant stories from Sunday school but I think if I read it on my own I would have a hard time understanding and drawing out the way it applies to us. Thank goodness for study guides and manuals.