Yesterday I went with my mother to the Beutler reunion. It was the Felix and Margaritha Beutler reunion, Felix and Margaritha are my great grandparents. I got aquainted with some of my more distant relatives. It was a wonderful day, we renewed freindships, made new ones, and learned more history of my family. We met in North Logan at the old homestead of the Beutler's, the man who lives there now was very generous to let us hold our reunion there. He let us walk thru the home, and the ones who remembered it told stories of visiting there as children.
Some of the people who lived in N. Logan at the time came and told memories of our great grandparents and their family. It was a wonderful day and I came away so thankful for the people in our lives that prepared the way for us. We are so blessed to have the gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives. It was a motivating force for them, as it is for us today. I'm so proud of my heritage, we have great examples to live up to. They came from Switzerland and told of how my grandfather Walter Beutler could not speak English when he started school.
When my grandfather and his siblings were alive they would alway yodel for us at the reunions. I have always loved yodeling, one of the cousins yodeled for us, the first song was one that his grandpa had taught him, then a cowboy song and a german song. It was so fun to hear him and then he taught us and we all got to try it together, when we could do it on our own, he harmonized with us, it was totally a blast.
I love family!! It's what this life is about, its what the gospel is about and its what makes our lives meaningful. I was a great experience, I'm glad I was able to particiate in yesterday.
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment