Friday, June 19, 2009

Tony's Run

This morning Tony started the team relay race from Logan to Park City. He and his sister Sly were both on teams. I met up with Melissa and the kids in Hyrum (where I was working for the day) and we went out to Paradise to cheer him on. The kids were totally excited when they saw him coming and ran to meet him. It was so exciting to cheer for him, I have alot of respect for Tony in many ways. This is one of the many things that I'm impressed by, he's so dedicated, it really choked me up to see the runners. He ran a marathon a couple of years ago and I was surprised by the feelings I had as we cheered for him then too. It takes alot of endurance and dedication and I see those things in every part of his life. Good job Tony!!!
His sister Sly was hurt really bad, the first part of the week, in fact thought she might have broken her back and maybe some ribs. She was in alot of pain thurs. night at Kimball's party but she wouldn't let her team down so she's running anyway. Thats incredible to me!! We're proud of both of them, and our prayers are with Sly that she can do it without any problems.
We were going to surprise Tony and be in Morgan when he ran that leg of the race, but as we were on our way he called and said they were ahead of schedule, and we realized we couldn't make it in time. It was so disappointing that we missed it. So we had a change of plans and went for a picnic up Blacksmith Fork Canyon. It was fun for all, and we thought about Tony and hoped he could feel our support. We love you Tony and Sly!!!

1 comment:

The Strawn Family said...

GO TONY and SLY! They are incredible, I wish I could do that (or even have a little motivation to try):)