Sunday, August 9, 2009

AJ and Kimball (both winners)

This year we didn't even make it over to walk thru the fair, but we did go to the rodeo with the family, and what a fun time we had. AJ and Kimball both rode sheep and hung on tight, both had excellent rides. It was a blast to see their determination and bravery, Even as a kid I would have never climbed on the back of a sheep at all. It went well except that the kids got out of order so when they announced Kimball I was cheering with everything in me, and then saw it was a girl. Oh well I can cheer for all the kids. Then when Andrew was announced it was Kimball, anyway all in all it was a little mixed up but tons of fun.
The mixed up part did make a little confusion in the award of the trophy. The judges called AJ's name but the trophy ended up going to Kimball. Way to go Kimball!!! In my book they were both winners, but AJ was pretty excited and as he walked out to get the trophy, they grabbed up Kimball and awarded it to him. How disappointing to AJ! But I was so proud of him, he was such a good sport even though it was a disappointment. It was tough to get announced and think he had won and then lose it. But he handled it with such kindness. I think being a good sport is as good as being a winner any day. Way to go AJ!!!
I'm sure proud of both of them, because they are GREAT brothers and love each other so much. Way to go guys!!! You're the best.

2 comments:

Barbi Mecham said...

Being a good sports is DEFINITELY just as good as being a winner. What great boys! They must have some amazing parents, aunts, uncles, and grandparents!

DottieLou said...

fun times... I dont think I have ever even been close to a sheep ...