I love funerals, its weird I know but I think their very inspiring meetings. It gives us perspective on the things that matter most in this life, plus we get to see the lives of amazing people. Those two things make me love funerals. I attended a wonderful funeral yesterday, for Dean Parker, quite an amazing man. I have known that since I met him, but stories of his life were so uplifting, it made me want to step up and be better. He never did anything half way, he put his heart into everything he did. I came out of that meeting with new insight into some things I need to change in my life. We live amoung amazing people and many times we don't even recognize how incredible their lives are.
Another funeral I attended recently was the funeral of a baby girl, 10 days old, Meredeth Smart. As her parents spoke I was amazed at the faith they had, and the peace that comes with that faith.
The other funeral of late that comes to my mind is a soldier in Irak, who had been in our ward, Michael Alleman, I worked with him and his wife in nursery, and had great respect for their family. My respect increased 1000% as I heard his wife tell of his desire to serve his country, and fight for our freedoms. What an honor it was to rub shoulders with him, but I didn't recognize at the moment how honored I should really be. I think we live with truly amazing people and don't recognize their goodness. I think we are all ordinary people doing extrordinary things. I love watching people and recognizing that there is greatness all around us. I want to see it more and recognize the incredible things that are happening right here and now. Its easy to look at the hard things going on in the world, but I want to open my eyes to the good and see what opportunities there are to rub shoulders with amazing people every single day.
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good post mom! I love it! We do rub shoulders with amazing people everyday...and you are one of those people. Thanks! I love you!
You've rubbed off on me...I enjoy funerals too. It's true, we do live among amazing people.
Post a Comment