Change is usually a really good thing, but many times it is painful too. For the past five years Steve has as Bishop of the Woodruff Ward. Last Sunday he was released. The release comes with such mixed feelings, it will be good to have more time together, and the stress level in his life will probably go down alot. But we have recieved many wonderful blessings in the past 5 years. The Lord has blessed us individually and as a family.
It was with sadness that I walked into the church on Sunday, but as I left my heart had been lifted and my faith and testimony had been strengthened. As the new bishopric was called we both had a witness that this was right. What good and inspired men we have to lead us.
We are excited to move into a new chapter in our lives. As much as we have enjoyed the past 5 years, we lokk forward to the new phase we are entering now.
Friday, September 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Very nice post! You both deserve to be praised, it wasn't just dad serving.
you are such an awesome person... when I grow up I want to be like you ....
Post a Comment