I've been thinking alot about the people who influence us and make a difference in our lives. There are so many people who have helped us and supported us through all of our happy and sad times. We were at a ward campout a couple of weekends ago and as I visited everyone there, I realized what an impact each of them have had on us. We have been so blessed to be surrounded by wonderful people. As we were at the campout we were retiring a flag and it was a reverent and sacred time. I didn't notice but a woman was hiking and stopped instead of passing by, Steve moved over to tell her she could go on. People were talking about it after and I had missed the whole thing, I guess my concentration was on the flag. Anyway Steve told me it was Stephanie's first grade teacher, (Barbara Abbott) I felt bad I missed her, she was a great influence in my life and Stephs. She was the teacher the year Grandpa Larsen died. She helped Stephanie thru that time, and she really blessed my life in the process.
She is a baptist and I must say one of the best Christian women I have known. What a good woman with a kind heart. We visited each others churches and enjoyed our associations with one another.
Many times people have come into my life and blessed it greatly. Thank you to those of you who have made a difference to me and my family.
Monday, August 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is so neat, I didn't know that you had seen her. She is an awesome lady. You are an incredible woman too and I am so grateful to be your daughter. I love you!
No wonder Melissa is such a great person ... what an example in you she has
Sonja,
You are so awesome. You are "one of those people" for me. I always remember thinking you were such an awesome lady. You are so Christlike and so kind to other people. You always are so happy when I see you and I hope that I can be more like you!
Post a Comment